Hydra Update — already in game!
Hydra update has just landed on Warface servers, bringing long-awaited "Hydra" Raid and lots of other features. Read the article to learn more!
The new Raid "Hydra" is already available. While creating "Hydra", the developers' team decided to get back to the basics, making the gameplay intuitive and more "meaty" unlike that of the latest Raids such as "Pripyat", "Sunrise" and "Mars" that featured a large number of complex mechanics and a well-developed plot.
In "Hydra" players will have to defend a special terminal located in the center of the map, with each enemy wave being more dangerous than the previous one. In total there are 20 waves. During the last one players will become engaged in the final stand-off with a powerful boss.
Upon completing the Raid, you can get 15 new achievements, one of which is a secret. To collect all the badges, marks and stripes, you will have not only to defeat the enemies but also demonstrate an excellent teamwork.
Starting from the 10th wave completed, you will be able to get rewards including temporary and permanent "Hydra" weapons. The series includes popular models for Riflemen, Medics, Engineers and Snipers and their corresponding camos. Typhoon F12 Custom which previously was not featured in the game is Hydra's particular feature.
Of course, 10 000 kills made with "Hydra" weapons will bring you a unique stripe "Hydriform"!
The speed of information exchange between the game client and the server (TickRate) in PvP matches has been significantly increased - up to 60 transmissions per second.
This is an important change that will improve the accuracy of character positioning in battle. After updating the motion registration system transition to a higher tickrate is a logical step that will increase users' comfort in the game and complete a long period of work aimed at improving the movement system.
We are glad to present you a new secondary weapon which stands out among its peers thanks to its elegant looks and impressive specs. Thanks to an almost complete absence of spread, the Kel-Tec SUB2000 allows its owner to make accurate and deadly shots. The gun's advantages are offset by a moderate rate of fire and semi-automatic shooting mode. The Kel-Tec SUB2000 is meant to become one of the most accurate secondary weapons, just like Taurus Judge invariably remains the benchmark for melee revolvers/pistols.
By killing 999 enemies with the golden weapon version, you will be able to get a unique stripe.
STEN MK IIS
The Sten MK IIS is a cool Rifleman primary that packs a superb punch. The weapon can boast an integrated silencer and two unique sights - a fast zoom front sight and a 2x scope. It will be up to you to choose at what distance to open fire since the gun will be equally effective at short and long ranges.
The owner of the golden Sten MK IIS can unlock a unique stripe by killing 999 enemies with this weapon.
HOWA TYPE 89 CUSTOM
We are glad to present you the Howa Type 89 Custom - a new powerful weapon in the Rifleman’s arsenal. As for combat performance, the AK-12 and the CZ 805 BREN A2 are its closest rivals. Among the main advantages of the Howa Type 89 Custom are its superb damage, and good range. In addition, the gun is effective at any distance; it can kill your enemy with a single headshot. Moreover, the arm boasts a comfortable recoil and three unique accessories.
By killing 999 enemies with the golden version of this weapon, you will be able to get a sleek stripe.
This Engineer primary can compete in efficiency with the most popular PvP guns. A more manageable recoil, greater range and slightly increased head damage distinguish the M4 Custom from another recently presented novelty Cobalt Kinetics Stealth Pistol. Among other weapons, the carbine also stands out due to its flashy looks while four unique attachments make this gun even more desirable!
ACR CQB CUSTOM
Another novelty for "Engineers" that will definitely appeal to you is the ACR CQB Custom! It is a utility arm since it is lethal at close and medium distances. Thanks to a high-capacity magazine and excellent sights, the ACR CQB Custom will be able to become one of the best PvE guns for Engineers.
EXTENDED "IDOL" SERIES
The "Idol" series has been extended with new weapons which depict the most recognizable attributes of such a popular cultural phenomenon as "retrowave" - sunset and palm trees on the coast of Miami or Los Angeles, designed in neon colors. “Idol” will appeal to many users apart from romantics nostalgic for the 80s. The series includes some of the most popular guns in the game: CZ 805 BREN A2, Kel-Tec KS7, AM-17, SV-98, Maxim 9 and the Balisong Knife. Although futuristic supercars have not yet appeared in Warface, the new “Idol” items will become a bright neon touch of this update.
By eliminating opponents with the "Idol" weapon series, you can get a unique badge, mark and stripe. If you want to get your hands on even more achievements, earn expert stripes of any gun model!
FRAGMENTATION GRENADE FG4
The line-up of offensive weapons has been expanded with a new fragmentation grenade FG4. It offers an increased range and higher damage than the M26, but since it is heavier, the FG4 can be thrown at relatively short distances.
WEAPON AND GEAR TWEAKS
Certain weapon specs have been improved including those of WF$ guns; some body skins now boost sprint distance, and all sniper rifles deal increased damage to cyborgs.
We will give you the detailed information in a dedicated article.
REWORKED RAID "EARTH SHAKER"
Traditionally, Raids have three difficulty levels in the game: "Easy", "Normal" and "Hard". “Earth Shaker” is one of our first Raids; so, historically, its settings differed from the rest. In this update, “Earth Shaker” has been redesigned to bring it to the common difficulty standards.
We have removed the “Nightmare” difficulty in order to totally rework the “Hard” level. Do not get upset by the absence of your favorite difficulty – now it will be even easier to earn unique rewards. The second tweak to the Raids is the rewards update. Now you have more chances to get permanent “Earth Shaker” helmets on any difficulty level.
WEAPONS AND GEAR
- F90 MBR:
- increased mag capacity (from 35 to 36);
- reduced recoil;
- slightly reduced maximum spread in the aiming mode while jumping and sitting;
- increased ammo (from 210 to 216).
- Updated weapon rarity categories.
- The list of possible rewards for future Ranked Matches seasons now includes "Spectre" gear ("Sigma" and "Beta") for all classes.
- Added the achievement "Hydra Veteran".
- Updated the loading screen image.
- Changed the music theme.
- Made localization edits.
- Fixed a bug due to which in some cases the character's legs lagged behind the body when viewed in the first person in PvP matches.
- Fixed an error due to which, in some cases, upon starting to defuse a bomb, the model of the character's lower part of the body could disappear in the first-person view.
- Fixed an error which caused an incorrect display of the SED machine gun to overheat indicator.
- Fixed an error due to which in case of a character's death during a network lag, the camera behaved unnaturally, and the weapon hung in the air.
- Fixed an error which caused an incorrect display of the character’s right hand when using a defibrillator or grenades.
- Fixed an error which could cause the game client crash when starting a PvE mission if the character was equipped with the Gorgon Sniper skin.
- Fixed an error due to which the notification about the restricted use of the game chat was not displayed.
- Fixed an error due to which the choice of the class in the game store changed the current class.
- Fixed an error due to which in case of a character's suicide (for example, a grenade was not thrown before the timer expired), the camera behaved unnaturally, and the weapon hung in the air.
- Fixed an error due to which the player did not see teammates' claymore icons if he or she joined the match after they had been planted.
- Fixed an error due to which, in some cases, the weapon disappeared from the character's hands when moving from the Inventory to the Shop and back.
- Fixed an error due to which the character's right shoulder was displayed incorrectly in the prone position when viewed in the third person.
- Fixed an error due to which the character's back assumed an unnatural position when jumping forward with the primary weapon in the third person view.
WEAPONS AND GEAR
- Golden Kel-Tec SUB2000: fixed an error due to which the actual hit spot of bullets did not coincide with the front sight.
- fixed a bug due to which kills did not count for unlocking the "Russian Punisher" achievement;
- fixed a bug due to which icons in the camo menu were located at different heights.
- Escort Boots: fixed a bug due to which the item description featured incorrect parameters.
- “Highhill”: fixed a bug due to which there was an unintended collision at a certain place on the map.
- "Factory": fixed a bug due to which at point 2 it was possible to plant a bomb in an unintended place.
- “Palace”: fixed a bug due to which the player could throw a bomb in an unintended place where it was impossible to pick it up.
- “Deposit”: fixed a bug due to which the player could capture launch codes from an unintended position.
- "Mars", Act 1:
- fixed a bug due to which in some cases the player could fall through the level geometry.
- fixed a bug due to which players could employ an unintended game advantage.
- "Cold Peak": fixed the incorrect cost of some items purchased for resources.
- "Cold Peak": fixed a bug due to which in some cases the server was disconnected.
- "Pripyat", Act 2: fixed a bug due to which in some cases enemy turrets did not fire at the player.
Good luck in combat!
Discuss the article